Friday, March 11, 2011

Such A Time As This

I cannot even attempt to cover life since my last entry. Since then I've gone to college, joined a sorority, left the country, been a part of Passion 2011, joined the Clemson Student Alumni Association, found amazing, encouraging, strong friends, and more that I just can't remember right now. I mention all of that in hopes of demonstrating how well God answers prayer. I prayed to be able to find my place in college, and God has surely blessed me beyond anything I could have hoped for. At times I feel as if I'm being pushed to the limit, but I know that God is using it all to prepare me for whatever is to come next, but, and here's what I've really learnt lately, I don't want to miss how he wants to use me now.

A Bible study I'm a part of has been going through the book of Esther lately, and the story really resonates with me. Esther was placed in a position in which she was out of her comfort zone completely. She was faced with a terrifying task, risking her life to save her people. But, her strong cousin Mordecai reminds her of her purpose and God's sovereignty.

"For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father's house will perish. And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?"
Esther 4:14

God did not NEED Esther to save her people. He merely gave her the privilege to be used as part of his glorious plan, even in the midst of her fear and discomfort. I'm trying to remember that now when I feel nervous, overwhelmed, or just out of place. Who knows if God has placed me near certain people, in certain positions, or just at Clemson in general for such a time as this? It's all about maintaining a sense of purpose, and remembering that God's timing is never a coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment