Sunday, February 28, 2010

Windy Gap!

There is absolutely nothing like a weekend at Windy Gap being a Wyldlife leader for middle school girls to wear you out, and get you completely stoked about advancing the Gospel. I just love watching God work in the minds of kids. 

I am really too tired to be in much of a writing mood...but I do just want to make the comment that God is incredible, and he cannot be limited to a weekend in the mountains. Yes, he did some awesome work there, and chances to minister to kids are everywhere you look at camp, but sometimes camp is just the beginning. It's just enough to get kids thinking, to allow us the opportunity to earn their trust.

I have to admit, that every time I am at club, and especially when I am at camp, I catch myself thinking, "What on earth qualifies me to share Jesus with these kids? Am I even capable of conveying God's love to them?"  The answer, I have come to find, is that nothing qualifies me to share Jesus with them, and I am certainly not able to communicate the extent of God's love. But, the truth is, I am willing, and I have the time. God has somehow given me the guts to do this, and has provided a way for me to share what he means to me, if nothing else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment