Wednesday, August 12, 2009

2010.

I noticed that I actually do have a reader or two; that always make me feel good. I went back actually read some comments from months ago that I had never seen, and they really made me smile. Thanks y'all. =)

If you are a reader of mine, maybe you noticed the new blog description "The Senior Year Chronicles." I am going to be blogging about the events of the Senior Year of the Class of 2010. Not exclusively my own high school's graduating class, but mostly us, considering that is what I know the most about. This may include my own personal life of college apps, youth trips, and Apples to Apples games, or it may include any major events in the news that happen this school year. It could be about my high school's football team (Go Knights!), or a discussion one of my classes had. Anything that I learn this year whether it be academic or otherwise may be woven in. Basically, everything that happens that effects my class's senior year in any way, shape, or form is fair game. If I do write an entry that is primarily concerning my personal experiences, I will try to tie in how I have learned from it, in order to make it relevant to "moving on" which will probably be the predominant theme of this blog over the next few months, though it may just be me needing to vent, which admitedly is what this online journal has been many times. Basically this new theme changes nothing, however, it will give me slightly more of an incintive to write. So here it goes, the story of The Class of 2010's senior year, narrated by one of it's members, so of course slightly focused on her. How narcisistic.

I promise I will attempt to focus on people and things other than myself. Ultimately, this blog should point to Christ, and how he is working throughout our senior year. Let's get started. =)

I blogged yesterday before making this decision about the tragedy that occured right on the brink of our senior year; We will always love you Taylor.

Today's story is not very long; it is simply to say that I have completed two college applications: Clemson & Wofford. I am basically finished with my Elon app as well. I just need to press submit. I have not even thought about tackling the common application yet, which unfortunately is mandatory to apply to Furman. But, considering that the school has not even started yet, I am definitely ahead of schedule.

Oh, and after watching "Julie & Julia" I have been inspired to learn to cook. So, every now and then I may throw in a random recipe if I like it, IF the cooking thing goes well.

J'ai taime!

Emmy =)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your idea for this year's blogging! How cute. AND.. I am a dedicated reader, my precious! So keep doing your thing. So you in a little.. LOVE YOU MUCH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too princess =) thanks for reading!!

    ReplyDelete