Thursday, August 13, 2009

Dinner & A Scavenger Hunt

Today was all planned out.  Lauren, Caroline, Lindsay, and I were going to drive down to Garden City for one las girls day before we officially start senior year.  We planned this about a week ago.  Unfortunately, today was rather cloudy, rainy, and stormy, so we had to change our plans.  Instead, we went to lunch at Groucho's, watched 17 again, and did what my friends do best: bake.  Today we baked cookies, and we bought cream cheese icing (in a can) and sprinkles to decorate. It was delicious. My baby sister Anna (age 16, yes that is only one year younger than me), got her wisdom teeth out this morning, so we tried to stay quiet for her. She feels awful.

Tonight I participated in a scavenger hunt to welcome my dear friend Kristen Lawson's new friend Cory Wasson to town, at least for a few hours.  My involvement in the scavenger hunt was waiting at West Florence with signs saying "Welcome" and "Go Wildcats," and an ipod set to a High School Musical song.  Sound crazy? Well, it's Kristen.  Cory came into town tonight to ride to Lee University in Tennessee with Kristen.  This sort of breaks my heart.  Kristen is someone that I can confide in whatever the situation.  We are incredibly similar.  I really hate that she is leaving for college.  

Before helping Kristen with her scavenger hunt, I went to dinner with Nes, Adele, Dad, Caroline, and Nes & Adele's parents, to celebrate Nes leaving for Clemson tomorrow.  This also really upsets me.  The Arnettes are very close family friends of ours.  Adele is transferring to my school, so I will be seeing her even more this year, but I will be seeing Nes next to none.  That is going to be really strange, because I am used to both of them crashing at our house on the weekends.

The final girls day of the summer, saying goodbye to Kristen, and celebrating Nes going off to college all reminds me that my last year in Florence is approaching.  It is exciting and scary.  And annoying.  I really do not want to start school just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment