Saturday, February 21, 2009

MIAMI!!

Okay, so I can reveal the cause of my excitement now. Are you ready? Here it goes:

KNIGHT EDITION IS GOING TO MIAMI IN ONE MONTH!!!

And as if that isn't exciting enough in and of itself, get this: It is fully paid for.  The only thing I have to pay for is my food on the bus ride there and back.  Can you believe it, because I sure can't. 

This is how it happened: "A Style Above" is a designer based out of Miami.  They were scheduled to do a fashion show here in Florence, and came to watch Knight Edition rehearse last week to see if they wanted us to perform.  They said they were very impressed with our material, as well as our attitudes and manners.  However, they did not sell enough tickets to make doing a show in Florence profitable for them.  

So Mr. Davis called us out of 4th block to tell us that the fashion show had been canceled.  I thought, "Oh well, whatever."  Then he told us that the company's one year anniversary  is in a month, and that they are having a big celebration down in Miami, and wanted us to perform.  Needless to say that alone made my day, but when he told us that they had agreed to pay for our transportation, hotel, food, and we would be performing multiple times, I could barely contain myself.  I just sat there in my chair with my hand over my gaping mouth.  

The reason I could not explain yesterday was because some of the seniors in Knight Edition have early dismissal, so they did not get the news until today at our mall performance.  They too were shocked and thrilled.  Kristen Lawson was stomping and praising Jesus, as always. =)

On top of all of that, Grace Lewallen made All State Chorus, so she and Mr. Davis have to go to Rock Hill that weekend.  They will finish up on Saturday, and the rest of us will have already left on Friday.  This may appear to present a problem, but oh no.  The company has offered to FLY Grace and Mr. Davis to Miami. Can you believe it? 

I really just feel so blessed to have this opportunity.  I am really looking forward to bonding with my class again.  We went to Disney World in December, and that was an incredible trip.  However this time, we  are performing more, and going for FREE!! Mr. Davis told us this had never happened before.  I am so honored to be a part of Knight Edition right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment